As a New England homeowner, you are likely aware of just how much your roof protects your house day after day. Unfortunately, the harsh weather conditions in Connecticut and Massachusetts can take their toll on your roof as the years pass. Eventually, every homeowner must look for a roofing company to help with a roof repair or replacement.
While it might be tempting to hire the first roofing contractor you come across, it is important to take the time to thoroughly vet any contractor before you allow them to start working on your home. A new roof is a significant investment, and hiring an unqualified or inexperienced roofer can cost even more money in the long run. That is why it’s a good idea to ask some questions before signing any contracts.
Ask About Their Qualifications
Anytime you have work done on the exterior of your home, there’s a chance that an accident could damage your house. Fortunately, most experienced roofing companies insist on trained and certified installers, which keeps accidents to a minimum. However, don’t assume that the first roofing company you call is up to the job. Making sure that a roofer is qualified for the project can prevent a lot of expensive damage from happening.
- Current License and Certification
- Adequate Insurance Coverage
- Proper Training on the Installation Specifications
- Warranty Coverage on Installation
How Will They Protect Your Home?
Your roof is more than just the top portion of your house. It protects your home and your family from the elements year after year. You deserve to be confident that your roofing contractor can provide adequate protection.
Make sure your roofer:
- Only Uses Materials from Trustworthy Manufacturers
- Performs a Complete Inspection of the Entire Roofing System
- Checks for Adequate Ventilation
- Installs the Correct Underlayer
- Installs Any Necessary Ice or Water Barriers
How Well Do They Communicate with Their Customers?
As a property owner, you should never be left in the dark regarding work being done on your home. That is why it is vital to ensure that any contractor you choose can communicate effectively while completing your roofing project.
Make sure that the roofing contractor can:
- Explain How Your Roofing System Works
- Explain the Reasons Repairs Are Necessary
- Provide a Written Estimate
- Explain All Aspects of Any Warranties
Call Nescor if You Are Searching for a Roofing Company You Can Trust
By taking the time to ask a few questions before committing to a Roofing Company, you potentially save yourself a lot of time and money. Ready to start your search for a contractor to complete your upcoming roof replacement project? The experienced professionals at Nescor are happy to answer any questions you might have. Since 1957 we have offered all our customers premium materials, flawless installation, and the best warranties in the industry.
We are a full-service remodeling company and offer several exterior home services, including:
- Window and Door Replacements
- Roofing Repair and Replacement
- Attic Insulation Installation
- Gutter Installation and Repairs
Call us today to discuss your home remodeling goals or fill out our easy online form for a free quote.
Subscribe to NESCOR's Blog